- 06:44:06: Through security after full patdown. Splint set off alarm. Backpack crammed with electronics did not help. Nor did hotflash at gate.
- 06:46:24: Boarding. Wish me luck.
- 08:58:15: Chicago. Taxiing in. Next: fighting my way off this plane and finding my connection. I have 25 minutes to boarding. The traveler's dash.
- 09:06:28: Plane is parked but the jet bridge is not yet attached. Chances of connection dimming. Plane aisles narrow and jammed. I have my pack on.
- 09:37:38: Boarding! Next stop Denver. I should have time enough for lunch there.
- 12:37:19: Denver airport always smells musty to me. Also there are no tables to eat at. The view of the Rockies is spectacular. Just one more plane.
- 16:51:36: On the ground in Oakland and waiting for my baggage. So good to be home.
- 19:06:23: Home, fed, hugged, and ready to fall over.
- 19:23:25: @kirabarnes Corning is beautiful. But I'm a deep-dyed Pennsylvanian now living in California. My state didn't want to let me go.
Tweets copied by twittinesis.com